The picture shows Sarah and Barbara at the cafe recently, showing off their new ear pods, often dubbed ‘hearables’. A recent addition to the market for those of us who are Hard-of-Hearing are special ear pods called ‘Hearables’. These ones are from an Australian company that has won awards, starting back in 2015. They are called IQbuds, and are making quite a splash in the Hearables market. A feature that sets them apart from traditional hearing aids is that they cost hundreds of dollars rather than thousands. Sarah and Barbara are both trialing them, and are prepared to test the options — we regard this is fabulous evidence that members are prepared to find ways to improve their brain’s function by testing options. This story is an evolving one!
- Welcome to Country — signing practise — Barbara’s video
- ‘I had to tell my Deaf father he was dying. This isn’t fair for a child’
- A poem about depression from Rumi, 13th-century Persian poet
- Unheard Stories Film Festival Sunday 28 August
- Is this REALLY a Facebook Legend? — the Hallway filled with balloons to Happiness